Monday, May 2, 2011

you need to love your artist friends...

A true friend will tell you what you need to hear- not what you want to hear. Thanks Mia

I have more to go over these than I thought- but I can do it. The goal is to have all the digital work done this Wednesday. Then I will print them off and actually watercolor- because as much as I was hoping, I have lost life by not working in my favorite medium. I am for sure going over the skin. It is my favorite part and it does show. All I want to do is watercolor, and it shows.

They are not bad, we just know they can be better :)

Have a happy day.

(I am taking a break, see you all in a few!)

3 comments:

  1. karen, these are gorgeous. so, you're going to print them out in color and then watercolor over the top? and where does the 3D (ala red nose studios) come in? sorry if i'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No that is fine, this blog is a bit confusing (a little too much like the inside of my head) as well i don't edit ;)
    The 3D stuff is sadly no longer part of the show. They were not turning out (my sketches looked better than the finals) so I had to make the hard decision of throwing it all to the side and starting over.
    A few days ago I was hoping to just do digital (but they are missing something) so I will finish the digital (I guess tomorrow night), print Wednesday, and water color on top. I have been trying to figure out though if I still need to stretch the paper onto a board? I am afraid of ink smearing if I do, however if I don't the paper will most likely warp if I go to heavy with the meduium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OO, I hadn't thought of the paper problem. I think you will be ok if you print on the thickest paper they have at the HFAC... or better yet, print it off on water color paper, it will add a nice texture to your pieces. I would then take it a little easy on the water when painting... you can always iron the images after you are done if they wrinkle a little, but as long as youre not getting the whole paper wet I think you will be ok. Do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete