Monday, April 25, 2011

I am still here!

I know it has been forever since I have blogged, but I am still here! My BFA show has taken a few twists and turns since I last posted.

For one, I completely changed my medium. Why? Well because a few very honest friends/illustrators were good enough to tell me that my sketches on this blog were better than what I was producing. (laugh...) so I started over. And I am grateful to them even though I was set back a ton.

Another reason for the infrequent postings is that I really, really, really feel like I have forgotten to draw so I have sketched and inked over many times. Very frustrating... however I still should have posted that.

As well, life did happen. I had a "real" job... trying to find another "real" job (because the other real one was a temp)...and a movie I was/am a designer for...and illustration jobs... I had long commutes.... had to move....and graduated this Friday......BUT

I am discouraged that I haven't been posting more or showing you what I have been producing. This blog was supposed to be about a journey- but it sorta fell between expectations and life. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Anyway, here are some color comps. The show as you remember is called A Day in a Year. Basically we are following a single of a young lady (*no longer me, just a girl) day in a year. So while producing these color comps not only did I have to think about the time of day she was in but as well what kind of lighting we would see at that time of year.

*the reason for that is people couldn't tell it was a mini-me so I gave her more interesting curly hair.

Here are all but June and August, I just can't seem to figure our the drawings yet. But all but those are inked except for a few details.

January
February
March
April
May
July
September
October
November
December

Have a happy day, and more to come I promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment